Friday, March 13, 2009

Back :]

Ok so during my absence...

I noticed a few things about the people who pay attention to the music industry.

As you may have know, Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire is an Academy Award winner for Best Song.  You may also know that the Pussycat Dolls did a remake of the song that sounds similar.  What I noticed was that, to many of the Indian people who live here and have listened to both tracks, they prefer the original one that was included in the movie.  Whether or not they are westernized or hard core Indian, they may prefer the original one more.  To me, I like the Pussycat Doll version, even though I enjoy listening to both.  Something about the way people take in their culture makes it different.  I'm more of a westernized person, barely having any connection to my Vietnamese heritage.  I haven't taken Viet classes in like 5 years...  Well, that was just something interesting that I noticed...

Another thing...

Erickson's a bitch.

Some of you may know that...  I don't care what anyone says.  I will never love having her as a teacher.  I may appreciate having her as a teacher but I will never love having her as a teacher.  I guess my point is clearly stated.  On to the next topic.

For some odd reason, I actually enjoy having CP2 this semester.  It is very fun with Anne-Marie and Jasmine sitting on opposite sides of me.  I love my cluster buddies.  Even though they throw things at my head.  And it hurts.  Oh well.  My cluster peeps are gonna be friends for life.  Or until the end of high school anyway. But you never know.  They could end up being your roomates in college. ;3

Choir is... interesting... I don't love my choir.  I'm actually leaning more towards hating the guys in my choir.  They're so obnoxious and immature.  Even though they are kind of funny at times.  I really don't see the need of skipping around backstage before a show... o.o Well the final/audition was today.  I thought I did well.  Except for some timing issues but he smiled... Don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... But I'll take whatever he gives me.  He said I may be a tenor.  o.o  Sometimes those notes are high for me... Oh well.  Like I said I'll take whatever he gives me.  I'll just scream at the top of my lungs when he needs me to. :D

So I'm saving up for a new mp3 player.  I've decided on buying a 120 GB Zune, for several reasons.  First of all, it has an FM tuner.  Ipods don't.  As simple as that.  Second of all, Zunes have a newer and more fresh look and design compared to that of the iPod.  Thirdly, I don't really like the format that the iPod uses.  It gets too difficult if you have TONS of folders.  Even though I don't have that many.  Finally, the Zune is cheaper.  Meaning less money that I will have to spend.  Well according to the Wal-Mart prices.  I know it's only about 30 dollars difference but it still makes an impact on my wallet.  Plus, I don't know if I'm going to tell my mom that I'm going to buy it.  I'm scared of getting audited by my own mother.  I calculated how long it'll take for me to save enough money.  At this moment, I have around 120 dollars.  The Zune costs about 230.  I'll probably get to the amount by sometime early April or mid-April.

Classes are fucking boring nowadays.  I can not believe that they are cutting French.  Personally, I think that Mrs. P-C got the short end of the stick.  I think that Mandarin should be the class that gets cut from the curriculum.  Not French.  Mrs. P-C has put too much of her heart into the foreign language department.  She is one of the best teachers EVER.  Even if she gets annoying, she will make sure that you know the material before you move on.  If she gets cut, I will always remember her.  Here's hoping she doesn't and will just stay as a Spanish teacher. 

I'm running out of things to rant about.  Maybe I'll just put a video for a song that I like here. Yeah. I'll do that.



The song's called "Wild at Heart" by Gloriana. The band consists of Cheyenne Kimball, the country star that never was. Well she's back but now she's in a band that's gonna be touring with Taylor Swift on her Fearless tour. So watch out for them. The song's really good. I like it. I don't care if it's country. It's a good song.

Well that's probably all I'm going to say for now... I'll probably be back in a couple of months. I just post when I see that I have time. Don't really like doing this that often. Cuz then I'll sound as if the whole world is about me.

No comments: